Thursday, July 30, 2009

Last day, and the sun is shining! Good Karma

Today was the last day of the assessment. Hallellujah. Phew it's been a whirlwind week.
Yesterday was the hardest, even though today was suppose to be tough too with meeting with the transplant nurse coordinator, but she was lovely and told us pretty much everything we already had researched and knew, so there were no curve balls thrown at us today.
the five of us went to the meeting today. My boyfriend, dad, mom and older brother. We all watched last night before today's assessment on the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation web casting of three women who are like 10 years post transplant. They're doing amazing and it was so inspirational.
So in three weeks, all the doctors will meet and the nurses, and nutritionists, anesthesiologist, and social worker on one day, and they will discuss all the tests that I've been doing all week. Then we'll know where to go from there!

I wish my little brother could have come to the meeting today, but he's up north for the summer working. It was so great to have all 4 of us at the meeting. It was really great to have my support team there today.

The weather is suppose to be lovely this weekend. I have a new one piece bathing suit that I will be sporting on the dock, on the island this weekend.

I'm tired and ready to have my margarita now! I'm going to sit out on the screened in porch, eat some chippies, and soak up this beautiful weather, finally!

No comments: