Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2...boy am i makin' a lot of wildjumble berry juice!

okay so today was day two of the assessment week...i'm tired already kids! but today as a treat me and my mom went to the mall afterwards and i bought two full piece bathers (they are super chic, and they'll also cover up my insulin bruises on my stomach!) haha

I cannot wait for this week to be over, to do the farmers market on Friday with my jewels, and then have a margarita on my boyfriends dock at the island...sigh. only three more days to get through.

so far the tests have not been too intrusive...just a lot of them.

I did my six minute walk today. It's where you walk as fast as you can for six minutes and see how many metres you get. I haven't done a six minute walk in five years when i first transferred over to the adult CF clinic. I have dropped a lot of metres since 5 years ago... but I guess thats expeceted since I've also lost half my lung function since then.

I wore my oxygen while I did the walk, which was like having a 10 pound baby on your back for all of six minutes walking gang buster speed. It was like I was carrying beau beau walking my hardest! and my cat is not a light weight...I've had her on a diet for....maybe.... oh my gosh I think it's almost a year now, she's lost a little bit of weight, but we still have a lot of work to do! haha
When my baby cousin Ethen was over, my cousin Julie said (her son is Ethen) look Ethen, look at the fat pretty kitty...Beau sulked for the rest of the evening haha

Tomorrow we wake up at 5 am to get down to my echo, where they hold a wand over your chest and bounce sound waves at your heart to make sure she's all good. If your five minutes late they take another patient and we lose the spot...if you know me and my family at all...we are ALWAYS on time...i'm kidding... we suck at being on time. we lost that gene some how. so we are leaving super early in the morning so we make it. send out positive thoughts that there is no traffic or accidents to hold us up on the hwy!

A friend of mine is going to Australia tomorrow. I am so jealous. I cannot wait to start travelling in the future, which is what a lung transplant would allow me to do. That is something I look forward to in this whole process, the chance to one day carry my own bags down the terminals while RUNNING! haha

I think I shall plan a trip to washington this summer. My cousin lives in the states, so it would be great to go there. I'm 21, legal down there, and I can finally drink after 5 months of not being allowed to due to medicine! My favourite summer time drink is margaritas so it will be delicious to drink them ALLLLL weekend long!

Thats all for now. Day Three starts early tomorrow. I'd better get to bed!

1 comment:

Bree said...

Reality can be the biggest bitch of all, my friend. I hope things settle down a bit, and that you begin to feel better at some point:)