Monday, January 16, 2012

C.F. is what happens when your busy making other plans...

currently listening to Lana del rey

you know the ol' saying "life is what happens when your busy making other plans"....well I am home now from clinic with a saline lock peripheral IV....10 days of IVantibiotics. Ceftazadine....so flight delayed hopefully only 2 weeks. It's better to find everything out now and get it all sorted out before I get there and have to be pryed back here. I probably would not be a happy camper.

My creatine was down to 95. Normal. It is never usually below 100 which is normal.
My wbc was down to 10 from 12.7 (indicating less infection)
My haemoglobin was 121, a normal non lung double transplant woman usually sits at 120. Normal.
I know...right?...seems like they got my blood work mixed up with someone elses...but i swear i double checked! 

The good thing is, breathing still a-okay, everything is dandy, minus the tight chest which they said was probably due to the pseudomonas.  So these drugs will nip her in the bud.
They also found something like asperitus (sp?) pneumonia...meaning I may not be swallowing my food properly and going in to my lungs causing the rejection and other not so nice things to have...so I start a stomach emptying pill as well today.

The funny thing about being a doctor is you never really truly know whats wrong with someone...it's science but also it's a lot of art...an educated guessing game on what to add, what it could be, what should be done...no one knows why you get cancer, why you got that mark on your back, why your back is sore, or why exactly you have heart burn....it's all an educated guessing game...a very skilled art form with a minor in science. At least that seems to be in the case in transplants.

Dear universe,
thanks for making this glitch seem not so big in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for making this glitch treatable. thanks for making the doctors able to have theories and hypothesis'.
Eternally grateful to still be here breathing, planning, dreaming
Sincerely,
the girl with curls

Dear vancouver,
I'm coming, I'm coming. Save me a seat.
Sincerely,
the girl with the orange 1920's umbrella

3 comments:

Funkiegirl2 said...

I love your outlook Hattie

Seansjeep said...

Hang in there. Its just your body getting ya ready to enjoy the time of your life in Vancouver :)
Did they put you on Donperidone? (the pill not the champaion :P) Ive been on that since transplant and now I have another emptying test at my 1 year mark with the radioactive egg :(

Evi said...

Hi Hattie,

Your old (not so old!) pal of your Moms's and Dad's from Vancouver. I finally figured out how to post on the site! Have been following fo awhile though.

We are having Ontario weather this week so you are not missing anything new (Cold!!). But has been a welcome break from the Pineapple Express that brings a lot rain with ccasional sun- not like the Hawaii I know!

Ski/snowboard conditions not bad right now and will get better as season goes on (I think spring skiing is the best!) We (Kate, Cam and I) are heading up this weekend.

Local mountains are in good shape. Attempted to climb Cypruss MT on Sunday by snow shoe- almost made it to the top! You will defintely have to invest in some snow shoes when here.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Evi