it's 3 days before the fashion show...and i'm feeling a whole swell of emotions. I am so so so proud, amazed...in complete awe of the Lady Team. This group of girls is out of this world.
This year is so different. This year i'm just one of the girls on the committee. I go to meetings, I carry out the jobs, I have dinner dates with Kim (the director and power house woman of the hour) and discuss everything down from what shoes the models should wear, to what the stage should look like this year....I'm just 'normal' this year.
So it has not really hit me.... until this week, even until this morning, when I really sat down to write a little speech, that...last year...everything was so different. I was the sick girl, toting around oxygen to meetings. I was the one desperatly trying to breathe, trying to get through the day. I was trying not to let the pager attached to my hip consume all my thoughts, willing and praying for it to go off, so that all this awfulness that I was living could finally stop and I might be able to breathe.
Was that really me? Was I really that girl?
I'm not the sick girl toting around oxygen anymore. This year. I've put all that behind me...i'm no longer that girl who I was 14 months ago, in more ways then just two. Today it all came flooding back. All the struggles, the heart ache, the pain, the suffering...the hell of it all.
It's not fun to remember, when life seems so normal now. When life seems so great now.
....better get back to finishing up my Hattitude booth for the show, and this speech. See everyone Thursday at the fashion show Thursday August 25th, at the royal ambassador. Check us out. www.cfforcf.com -tickets still available. Because of infection control issues, we're asking no other CF'ers attend the event. Sorry and Thanks! See ya on the flipside
also i've noticed me walking on my tip toes ALL the time, dancing, brushing my teeth, cleaning up my apartment...because13 months ago...I couldn't walk on my tip toes. Even 6 months ago I was still too weak to walk on my tip toes. it feels good to walk on my tippy toes.
1 comment:
Bwahahaha-- I walk on my tip toes ALL the time... I can't walk any other way? We are ballerinas at heart.
Post a Comment