I was woken up by my nurse Karen with crackles in my chest, larboard breathing, puffy face, swollen feet, weak muscles, oxygen tubes wrapped around my body, dry parched nose, head a fuzzle, mucus pouring out of my old diseased and ready to be done with this world lungs. Man if you read back on the sunday journal scribbles in my doodle book, before my I got the "call" I really didn't know how much longer I was gonna make it. I didn't think I would make it to the next weekend. I could not breathe. I was drowning.
So tonight and tomorrow, someone is going to be grieving their loved one to the bottom of their hearts, because how could they not? Who ever was my donor JD, John Doe, had to be a pretty fabulous person. One of the best calibers, the best of the best types. JD saved my life. Physically I was a goner this time last year.
This battle is different so far, this is SO much more an emotional battle, then physical. I know right, you didn't think it could be more emotional then a double lung transplant? but I guess the combo of the two takes the icing on the cake!
I walk and I walk, and I breathe and I breathe and I still dance.
I put on music today. Yes alas, that is what was missing and making me all so gloom and doom. How could I have been so silly as to go 5 days without feeding my soul with some music? Such a silly goon I am.
SO tomorrow I am walking around this beautiful modern scientific city of mine, that gave me life, breathed me new lungs. This city that ponders me, this city that astounds me and allows me to walk and walk and walk. I'll be at the park. We're playing frisbee, eating yogurt (obviously), soaking in the sun, breathing in the air, and saying
Also side note, CT scan, came back negative on the PTLD in my stomach, GI tract...sooo all goes well hopefully it's the just the one mass in the neck.
Also I got my toes painted today (Thanks JM) so I'm kind of ready for the beach, racing to the ice cream store barefoot in the sand? yes please. And there is a rumour floating around I get released from this hospital tomorrow. So here's hoping. It's gonna be okay. And if not...hey we still got the music.
1 comment:
Music! Nothing new, but good for lifting spirits?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU
Post a Comment