Monday, October 11, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving has taken on a whole new term for me this year. I am so thankful that I am here, breathing, living, laughing, enjoying. Thank you. Thank you is not even enough of a word. Thank you donor. I'm so sorry your family has to spend this holiday with out you....but thank you for allowing my family to spend it with me.

Things I am thankful for:
My cottage
hilly sand dunes (wouldn't have put that one last year!)
my family
my family
my family
Canada and it's health care system
Dr. Shaf Keshavjee, Head lung transplant surgeon (he did my new pair!)
flea markets (I got to the famous one this weekend by the cott)
vintage finds
Ireland and all it's beauty (next summer swin!)
hot apple cider
cold weather....(even though my sternum now screams in agony with it...but it means I am here for another season...it also means Barbados vacation can't be too far off! right mom? dad? haha)
my friends
my friends
my friends you are beautiful.

Take a moment close your eyes....and breathe down in to the bottom of your lungs because you can (and I can too!)
This thanksgiving I made it up to my cottage for the first time in over a year! I forgot how cute it was. I carried my cat down to the beach, because I could...I climbed the sand dunes...because I could....I carried pillows and cushions to outdoor seats, because I could. I kept waiting, and waiting to feel that winded breathlessness that used to come when I exerted myself on the exact same activities last year...but it never came. It never came. It was so weird to be able to do all those things....I kept walking down to the beach on the path and waiting for the breathlessness to come...thinking, is this what everyone else has been doing? but it's so easy. too easy? Ah Breathing...you still marvel me.

2 comments:

Seansjeep said...

Gald you enjoyed your weekend, it was a beautiful weekend. Was it the Elmvale flea market you went to? I have still never made it there and ive been up here for almost 2 years, how sad is that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Norma Thompson said...

Ah, Hattie....it is you who we all marvel!!! We are filled with gratitude for the family of the donor so we can hear you take joy in the simple task of breathing. Happy Thanksbreathing!